This weeks weather was much better for riding, but I still wasn’t able to get on my bike since the wedding was this weekend. Between being bored at work and between classes, I have looked up some of the top places to bike in the U.S. As you can imagine, a lot of the most popular places to ride are out west. This is due the mountain ranges and the flow of the terrain based on what I learned when searching.
Here’s a list of the top 10 places to mountain bike in the U.S., This is from the Osprey website which is a big brand related to mountain biking.
- Mills Peak in Downieville, California.
- South Boundary in Taos, New Mexico.
- McKenzie River Trail in Blue River, Oregon.
- Osberg Ridgeline Trail in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Broken Arrow in Sedona, Arizona.
- Wasatch Crest in Park City, Utah.
- 401 in Crested Butte, Colorado.
- The Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vermont.
Out of this list, my most desired to place to ride is the trail in Utah. I aslo read while researching, that utah averages the most growth in mtb trails in the U.S. which is roughly 30 miles a year. This is a lot when you think about the work of making the bath and planning the routes to go flow with the landscape. Hopefully I will get to enjoy some of these trails soon.